- First of all, we would like to emphasise that your data and privacy are of great importance to us. You provide us with your data and we feel responsible to treat this data with the utmost caution and confidentiality. In the following policy, we describe in a clear and transparent way how we use and process your personal data.
- By visiting our website or providing us with information, you agree to our privacy practices as set out in this policy. We may change this policy from time to time. You should check this policy regularly to ensure that you are familiar with the most recent version. Changes to this policy may also be communicated via the website or by email where possible and/or appropriate.
- If you have any further questions about your data and privacy you can always reach us via the details listed in our contact section.
2. Who are we?
When we refer in this policy to 'we', 'us' or 'Hotel Damier', we are referring to the legal entity Damier NV, with company number BE0445 703 716, registered at Grote Markt 41 in B-8500 Kortrijk, Belgium.
3. General information
Hotel Damier collects and processes your details in the course of its activities. It acts in accordance with the "Law of 08.12.1992 on the protection of privacy in relation to the processing of personal data" and the "General Data Protection Regulation", which will apply throughout the European Union from 25 May 2018.
4. Collection of personal data
- Personal data is data that can be used to identify or contact a unique individual. In order to provide our services, we will collect and process information about users of our website and about guests. Therefore, we may process any information, including personal data, that you provide to our customers or to an online travel agent in connection with a reservation.
- Personal data processed by us includes (but is not limited to) the following: name, address, email address, telephone number, credit card details, date of birth, records of our interactions and travel information.
- We will retain your personal data on our systems for as long as is necessary for the provision of the relevant service, or as long as set out in any relevant contract you have with us. We regularly review our data retention periods. We may also need to retain certain types of data to comply with legal obligations.
5. How do we collect your data?
We collect personal data from and about users of our websites and our customers' guests through our services.
Information that you give us:
- This is information about you that you provide to us directly through a contract, through our websites, or by reaching us by phone, email or through other communication channels. It includes information you provide when you register to use our website or services, when you report a problem with our website or services, when you subscribe to a newsletter, and when you give us information about the nature of a question or problem.
- Information that you provide in relation to your reservations and related information.
- Information we collect about you:
When you visit our website, we automatically collect:
- Information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL), clickstream to, through and from our website (including date and time), products you viewed or searched for, page response times, download errors, duration of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scroll, clicks and mouse clicks) and methods used to navigate away from the page.
- Technical information, including the Internet Protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login details, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser input types and versions, and operating system and platform.
- Information we receive from other sources:
- Personal information provided to us by travel agents or online travel sites using the various Cubilis services and modules.
- Personal information provided by our clients using the various Hotel Damier software services and modules.
- Personal information provided by our clients through use of hotel wifi network.
6. What do we do with your data?
We use information held about you to manage agreements between you and us and for the legitimate interests of our business, for example, processing customer guest details to enable us to process bookings and reservations.
We will use the information you give us for the following purposes
- To provide you with information or services that you request from us.
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- To provide you with information about other services we offer that are similar to services you have already subscribed to or requested.
- To keep you informed of changes to our services.
- To ensure that content from our website can be presented in the most effective manner.
- We will use the information we collect about you for the following purposes:
- for the management of our websites and for internal purposes, such as troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, as well as for statistical and survey purposes.
-to improve our website in order to ensure that content is displayed in the most efficient manner.
- as part of our efforts to keep our website safe and secure.
- We may also aggregate your data into an anonymous form to help us provide more useful information to our customers and to understand which parts of the website are of most interest to visitors.
7. With whom do we share your information?
We may from time to time make certain personal information available to strategic partners working with Hotel Damier, such as:
- hotels and online travel agencies with whom you have arranged travel, but only the personal information required to process your bookings
- in the event of a merger, acquisition or any form of sale of some or all of our assets, which would include personal data we retain about our customers among the assets transferred to the purchaser.
- We may also disclose your personal data to third parties to:
- comply with a court order or other legal obligations or when data is requested by the government or any other official government authority.
- protect the rights, property or safety of our company, our employees, customers or others. This may include exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection.
8. International transfer of personal data
9. Your rights
- You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data or not to process it for marketing purposes only. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to third parties for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking or unchecking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time via unsubscribe links present on our email communications or simply by contacting us (see 'Contact Us' section).
- Our websites may, from time to time, contain links to the websites of partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
10. Accessing and updating your information
- You have the right to access and review the personal information we hold about you. If you make a request, we will do everything we can to provide you with access and review free of charge, except in exceptional circumstances.
- Before we provide you or any other person with personal information on your behalf, we may ask you for proof of identity and, where appropriate, information about your interactions with us so that we can find your personal information.
- You have the right to object to us processing your personal data if we are no longer authorised to use it. You have the right to have your information deleted or the processing restricted under certain circumstances. You also have the right to have your personal data transferred in certain circumstances.
- If you wish to exercise any of these rights, please contact us using the details provided in the 'Contact Us' section.
- You also have the right to lodge a complaint with the data protection supervisory body if you are concerned about how we use your personal data. Please see the 'Contact Us' section for information on how to do this.
11. Security measures
We will treat your personal data with the utmost care and confidentiality in accordance with the applicable laws and regulations. We will take all necessary security measures to prevent data breaches and guarantee secure processing of personal data.
- You have reached this external website by following links on our website.
- You have reached our website by following a link from an external website.
The Website may use "cookies" and other technologies such as "pixel tags" and "web beacons". These technologies help us to provide a better and more personalised service by enabling us to
- estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
- store information about your preferences so that we can better tailor services to your individual interests.
- speed up your searches and recognise you when you return to the website.
- You may refuse to accept cookies by activating the appropriate settings on your browser. Consult your provider for information on how to disable cookies. Please note that certain features of the Website may not be available if cookies are disabled.
13. Recruitment statement
- You may provide personal information to us regarding education, employment, contacts, preferences, professional qualifications and jobs when submitting an application. We recommend that you do not disclose sensitive personal information (such as height, weight, religion, philosophical or political beliefs, financial data, sexual orientation, membership of a trade union or political party) in your CV or other materials supporting your application. To the extent you provide sensitive personal information, you expressly permit Hotel Harmony to handle such details as specified in this Statement.
- We will use your personal information for recruitment purposes and if you are offered a job or join Hotel Harmony we will use it for other work-related purposes.
- We may also retain your information after the recruitment process is completed to contact you about potential future opportunities for a period of three years from the date of your application. However, we may keep your information longer in an anonymised form for statistical purposes.
Hotel Damier will mainly process personal data on behalf of and for its clients and is therefore a 'processor' within the meaning of the "General Data Protection Regulation". It may be contacted by post or by e-mail using the following coordinates:
- Hotel Damier
Address: Grote Markt 41 - 8500 KORTRIJK, Belgium
Tel: +32 56 22 15 47
- The data protection supervisory authority may be contacted at the following coordinates:
- Commission for the Protection of Privacy
Address: Rue du Printing 35, 1000 Brussels, Belgium
Tel: +32 (0) 2.274.48.00
At noon, free spacious parking for restaurant and brasserie guests, entrance Jan Persijnstraat.